Prayer Room Culture
“…whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”
At the missions base, we are many backgrounds and life experiences come together into one place of prayer.
““Everything is permissible”- but not everything is beneficial. “Everything is permissible”- but not everything is constructive. Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others.”
For the good of others, we govern our small room under the principle of love. We have reduced the level of personal freedom in our midst so that we can, in love, enjoy the prayer as visitors and staff alike. Our Christian freedom is expressed in restraint so that the good of others may prevail. As you review these guidelines please see them through the lens of wanting everyone to enjoy the Lord in His house of prayer.
Use of Mouth
- Please limit quiet conversations in the prayer room to 15 seconds or less. If you feel the need to talk longer, feel free to go (outside), otherwise one of our staff may ask you to relocate your conversation.
- Personal vocal volume should not exceed beyond another who may be leading in prayer or worship. If you are praying from the microphone, please do not shout your prayer.
- No eating food in the prayer room. Drinks may be brought in with a covered top only, please.
- Do not use your cell in the prayer room. If it is important that you receive calls, place your phone on vibrate, and carry the conversation outside of the prayer room.
Use of the Hands
- When you pray for someone in the prayer room, please do so from the front of the person and limit your touch to the shoulders or hands (without rubbing), especially when praying for the opposite sex.
- Please do not use any props or instruments in worship like flags, banners, sticks, swords, or musical instruments (i.e. tambourines, shofars, etc.).
Use of Feet
- Please no bare feet in the prayer room.
- Do not place your feet on the backs of other chairs.
- No running in the prayer room.
Use of Space
- If we have a crowded prayer room, please limit your personal space to one chair.
- If you leave for an extended time (longer than two hours) please take your personal items with you so that your seat can be used for another.