In the quest to learn how to increase our prayer life we sometimes don’t know where to begin. It can be discouraging running out of things to pray for. I have definitely experienced this. A prayer list is great, but what exactly do we pray over those that we have on the list?
The best prayers are ones that are from the Word. This is a list of scriptures that will help give you dialogue material to speak with God.
This list is compiled by Mike Bickle. Watch his teaching on this topic.
We can use the acronym F.E.L.L.O.W.S.H.I.P. to guide our times of prayer.
F E L L O W S H I P
FFear of God
- I will put My fear in their hearts so that they will not depart from Me. (Jer. 32:40)
- The Lord…you shall hallow; let Him be your fear, and let Him be your dread. (Isa. 8:13)
- Unite my heart (to Your heart and Word) to fear Your name. (Ps. 86:11)
- His delight is in the fear of the LORD… (Isa. 11:3)
- Being strengthened with all power…may have great endurance and patience… (Col. 1:11 NIV)
- May the Lord direct your hearts into…the patience (endurance) of Christ. (2 Thes. 3:5)
- It was written, “Zeal for Thy house will consume me (Jesus).” (Jn. 2:17, NAS)
- Zeal for Your house has eaten me (David) up… I wept and chastened my soul with fasting that became my reproach. I made sackcloth my garment… (Ps. 69:9-11)
- Phinehas…was zealous with My zeal among them… (Num. 25:11)
- The love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit… (Rom. 5:5)
- I pray, that your love may abound still more…in knowledge and all discernment. (Phil. 1:9)
- May the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God… (2 Thes. 3:5)
- Set Me (Jesus) as a seal on your heart…for love is as strong as death…its flames are flames of fire… Many waters cannot quench love, nor can floods drown it. (Song 8:6-7)
- As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in my love. (Jn. 15:9)
- …That the love with which You loved Me may be in them… (Jn. 17:26)
- You shall love the Lord…with all your heart…soul…and mind. (Mt. 22:37)
- That you…may be able to comprehend…what is the width and length and depth and height… to know (experience) the love (affection) of Christ… (Eph. 3:18-19)
- Let me see and love myself through Your eyes. Thank you for who I am to You.
- You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought… (Ps. 139:13-15)
- …that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints (I am His inheritance)… (Eph. 1:17)
- Father, “I agree with Jesus’ command and prophecy in Mt. 22:39 that I will love others.” Let me abound in love by seeing what You see and feeling what You feel about others.
- …You shall love your neighbor as yourself. (Mt. 22:39)
- This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. (Jn. 15:12)
- May the Lord make you increase and abound in love to one another… (1 Thes. 3:12)
LLight of glory
- A great light from heaven shone around me… He said to me, “I am Jesus of Nazareth…” I could not see for the glory of that light…I came to Damascus. (Acts 22:6-11)
- And he (Moses) said, “Please, show me Your glory.” (Ex. 33:18)
- Lord, lift up the light of Your countenance upon us. (Ps. 4:6)
- His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength. (Rev. 1:16)
- Send out Your light and truth! Let them lead me…bring me to Your holy hill… (Ps. 43:3)
- Restore us, O God; cause Your face to shine, and we shall be saved! (Ps. 80:3)
- You shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending… (Jn. 1:51)
- I pray, open his eyes that he may see. Then the LORD opened the eyes of the young man…the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. (2 Kgs. 6:17)
OOne thing life focus
- But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part… (Lk. 10:42)
- One thing I have desired…all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord. (Ps. 27:4)
- I have set the Lord always before me…He is at my right hand I shall not be moved. (Ps. 16:8)
WCount me worthy
- We pray always for you that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of His goodness and the work of faith with power… (2 Thes. 1:11)
- Watch…and pray always that you may be counted worthy (prepared) to escape all these things (sins of v. 34)…to stand (in victory) before the Son of Man. (Lk. 21:36)
- Help keep me free of compromise that I would walk blameless body, soul and spirit.
- May the God of peace sanctify you completely; may your spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless (without compromise) at the coming of our Lord… (1 Thes. 5:23)
- That He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before God… (1 Thes. 3:13)
- We…plead with you not to receive the grace of God in vain. (2 Cor. 6:1)
- We agree with David’s prayers to walk in purity.
- Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast (resolute, unwavering) spirit in me. (Ps. 51:10)
- Your people…offer willingly to You. O LORD…keep this forever in the intent of the thoughts of the heart of Your people, and fix their heart toward You. And give my son Solomon a loyal heart to keep Your commandments… (1 Chr 29:17-19)
- Save me, O God! The waters have come up to my neck. I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing; I have come into deep waters…the floods overflow me. (Ps. 69:1-2)
- We agree with David’s holy resolve to set nothing impure before his eyes.
- I will set nothing wicked before my eyes… (Ps. 101:3)
- I have made a covenant with my eyes; why should I look on a woman? (Job 31:1)
- Lead me from the storm of temptation, rescue me from its deep waters, and cleanse me from secret faults (Ps. 19:12; 69:1-2). Search me and show me my heart (Ps. 139:23).
- Do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. (Mt. 6:13)
- That You should keep them from the evil one. (Jn. 17:15)
- Who can understand his errors? Cleanse me from secret (unperceived) faults. (Ps. 19:12)
- Search me, O God, and know (reveal) my heart; try me, and know my anxieties…(Ps. 139:23)
“Sustained communion with God requires restrained conversation with man.”
- If one does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able to bridle the whole body. (Jas. 3:2)
- Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips. (Ps. 141:3)
- Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable… (Ps. 19:14)
- Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. Do not grieve the Holy Spirit…Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting…(Eph. 4:29-5:4)
- I have purposed that my mouth shall not transgress. (Ps. 17:3)
- I said, “I will guard my ways, lest I sin with my tongue; I will restrain my mouth with a muzzle, while the wicked are before me.” (Ps 39:1)
- Take My yoke…and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart… (Mt. 11:29)
- Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself…Let this mind be in you which was in Christ… (Phil. 2:3-5)
IInsight unto intimacy
- May give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him… (Eph. 1:17)
- Ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you may have a walk worthy of the Lord… (Col. 1:9-10)
- Father, “Give me insight that I may walk under the Spirit’s leadership that we may partner together in every issue in my life including my finances, schedule, emotions, circumstances, physical body (diet, health), relationships (in the home, office, ministry), my future, fears, addictions, etc. Give me new ideas in each area of my life”.
- The Holy Spirit…will teach you all things… (Jn. 14:26)
- Let me know the secrets of Your heart (Ps. 25:14). What are You thinking and feeling?
- Show me Your ways…teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth… The secret of the LORD is with those who fear Him… (Ps. 25:4-5, 14)
- We ask for the Spirit’s insight into God’s end-time purposes (Dan. 11:35; 12:10), eternity, the New Jerusalem, the judgment seat of Christ, and hell.
- The Spirit…will guide you into all truth; He will tell you things to come. (Jn. 16:13)
- O Daniel, I have now come forth to give you skill to understand. (Dan. 9:22)
- The anger of the LORD (end-time judgments) will not turn back until He has executed and performed the thoughts of His heart. In the latter days you will understand it perfectly. (Jer. 23:20)
PPeace and Joy
Father, strengthen my heart with supernatural peace and joy that overpowers fear and anxiety that I would not sin. Sin grows fastest when fear or anxiety works strongly in us.
- The peace of God…will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (Phil. 4:7)
- Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope (confidence) by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Rom. 15:13)
- Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. (2 Thes. 3:16)
- For God has not given us a spirit of fear (cowardice), but of power (courage) and of love and of a sound mind. (2 Tim. 1:7)
Tags: Christian Lifestyle • Loving God • Prayer